вторник, 17 января 2012 г.

My first EVO week

  
The firs week was really hard to me. I've found out I know so little about the Internet resources that can be used in class.
I want to say thank you to Ms Fasquel  who published a forum post at www.eslprintables.com and introduced me to the magic of Classdigitools
I also feel proud as though the way to this new world was hard for me I managed to make some steps forward.
My impressions of the digital tools we were introduced to during the first week are as fallows:

Edmodo   is great but I still need more time to get accustomed to it and make the most of it. As soon as I feel at ease here I think I'll invite some students of mine to join my group and we'll have a good time carrying out some projects.

about.me
flavors.me   look almost the same to me. To tell the truth I haven't tried to create anything there because I wasn't much impressed by the "works" of the other participants. It's not that they did badly, it's about how I see it can be used in class. As a teacher of English I think my objective is to stimulate my pupils' speech. So I don't know yet how to you these resources efficiently.

Animoto   is marvelous, but i used for my own purposes ;))))) I created several Christmas cards for my friends and they were greatly surprised by my skills (they don't know how to use Animoto hehehe),

Prezi   is what I have been looking for!! I often use Power Point at my lessons, now my presentations will look absolutely different!!
We were asked to to make up a lesson plan using one of these sites, unfortunately I'm really short of time these days but I asked my students to create a Prezi as a vocabulary builder, topic Appearance. I hope in some days I'll add a link and we'll enjoy their work.

Voki fun, as far as I can see many teacher all over the word use it, there are ready-made lesson plans there. I also have a idea, I'll creat a character who'll describe his appearance and I'll ask my students who  the disguised person is. If only I had more time!

Wiki (pbworks)  still can't make out how it works, but i have some more weeks to explore.

What impressed me most is 
you can not only create a presentation here, but edit it together with your students.

So I continue exploring and get down to week two tasks
 See you later
Liz

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий